Creamy Focaccia Soup is the ultimate healthy comfort food. Full of potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and rosemary. It is vegan, gluten free, and soy free, but full of flavor, satisfying, and delicious.
If you love rosemary, you will love this creamy focaccia soup! I made some cheesy bread sticks one evening and decided to put some fresh rosemary on them to turn them into focaccia bread sticks. It reminded me of how much I loved focaccia bread, so I decided that it would be even better with some creamy delicious focaccia soup. There is no actual cream in this soup his soup is made creamy by pureeing the potatoes into a thick smooth broth.
I always start by sautéing an onion in olive oil on low to release its sweetness. I throw in some garlic and rosemary and wait for the onions to get translucent. Then I simply throw the potatoes, carrot and onion in the pot, add the water and cook until everything is soft. I then use and emersion blender to puree it. I find it much easier than transferring it to a blender, but if you don’t have an emersion blender you can use a blender, food processor , or even a potato masher to make it creamy. This soup is a big hit with the whole family!
Creamy Focaccia Soup
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 TBS fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 TBS nutritional yeast
- 5-6 cups of water (enough to cover all veggies)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt for sprinkling on top
- Step 1 Peel and chop all veggies.
- Step 2 Sauté the onion in olive oil on low for about 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Add garlic, rosemary and salt and sauté for about 5 more minutes until onions are translucent.
- Step 4 Add peeled and chopped potatoes and carrot.
- Step 5 Fill the pot with enough water to cover the veggies by about ½ inch.
- Step 6 Simmer on medium until the potatoes are soft.
- Step 7 Add nutritional yeast (optional for a slight cheesy taste).
- Step 8 Use an emersion blended to puree until smooth.
- Step 9 Add salt to taste.
- Step 10 Top with a drizzle of olive oil, some kosher salt, and fresh rosemary.
Pin it for later: