These vegan and gluten free deviled potatoes are the perfect substitute for deviled eggs. If you are craving that eggy flavor of deviled eggs, this dish has a surprisingly similar flavor. They are fun little bite sized potatoes that go perfectly with Easter dinner, as a side dish, or to pack in lunches.
I originally made these deviled potatoes thinking that it would only be Easter recipe, but my family loves them so much, they have become a common meal in our house. They are great to keep in the fridge to grab for a quick snack.
I’m always looking for gluten free vegan lunch ideas that are easy to pack and will fill up hungry boys and these work great for that!
For some variation, you can make these into twice baked potatoes by using this same recipe omitting the mustard and use margarine instead of mayo then rewarming them in the oven. You can also refill the potatoes with Tofu Egg Salad for a truly eggy flavor and texture.
- 12 small potatoes
- ½ cup of vegan mayo
- ¼ cup plain milk of choice – like soy milk
- 3 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- Dash of paprika
- Salt to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Wash the potatoes well and poke a small hole in each with a fork.
- Step 3 Bake for 30 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
- Step 4 Take out of oven and let cool until you can hold them.
- Step 5 Cut in halves and scoop out insides with a spoon leaving a little bit of potato to hold its form.
- Step 6 Put all the ingredients except potato skins into a mixing bowl.
- Step 7 Mix with a fork or potato masher until smooth and creamy
- Step 8 Spoon or pipe back into the potato skins and garnish with a dash of paprika
Put deviled potatoes in a pretty egg dish for the perfect Easter side dish or bring them to a springtime potluck. You can dress them up a little by using a piping bag to refill the potatoes or just spoon it back in and sprinkle with a little garnish.
Pin it for later:
*Thank you for making purchases though my Amazon links. I receive a small commission on any purchases that you make at NO extra charge to you. This allows me to continue to provide you with more free recipes. I only link to products that I personally use and love. Thanks so much!