Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread is a simple easy recipe that comes out well every time. It is gluten free, vegan, and can be made soy free too. It is perfect for breakfast or a lazy afternoon snack. It fills up the house with a wonderful smell that will get the whole family gathered in the kitchen waiting for it to be done.
If you have a few old bananas laying around you can whip up a loaf in minutes. It can be made with regular flour or any gluten free flour mix. I have tried it with most of the major brands of gluten free flour and it has come out well every time. If the mix doesn’t have xanthan gum in it already, I usually add a teaspoon to the recipe. This helps it to hold together better. It will be a thick sticky batter when it’s ready.
These can also be poured into muffin tins and made into muffins by reducing the cooking time a bit. (Banana muffins are a great grab and go breakfast on those busy mornings). My family prefers the bread because they like to slice it and put my homemade vegan butter on it. (You will get the recipe emailed to you when you subscribe). It keeps well for a few days, but it almost never makes it to fully cooling off before my family eat a whole loaf. It is one of those recipes that you may want to double so you have some for the next day.
Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine or refined coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 3 TBS milk of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups of gluten free flour mix
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Step 1 Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl, smash the bananas with a fork.
- Step 3 Add oil and sugar and mix well.
- Step 4 Add milk and vanilla and mix.
- Step 5 Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and then stir until you have a thick batter.
- Step 6 Spray a loaf pan with oil and pour the batter into the pan.
- Step 7 Bake for 45 minutes.
Pin it for later: