Spicy Green Dragon Pasta Salad using the Green Dragon Hot Sause from Trader Joes makes a vegan/ gluten free Mexican style pasta salad that is bursting with flavor.
The Green Dragon Sauce is a perfect blend of spicy, sweet and tangy with cilantro and garlic! I knew that it would make a great Mexican style pasta salad and it does! At first, I just mixed it with corn and beans. It was okay that way, but it became great once I chopped up some roasted red peppers and added them to the mix!
I must warn you, this dish is pretty spicy and if you don’t like the taste of cilantro, you may want to replace the Green Dragon Hot Sauce with Salsa Verde or Green Chile Salsa, they will all work great for this recipe. If you chose to use a different type of pasta, it will probably come in a 16 oz package instead of the 12-oz. package, so you may want to increase the Green Dragon Hot Sauce by a few tablespoons.
Spicy Green Dragon Pasta Salad
- 1 12- oz. package of black bean pasta or other pasta of choice
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ jar of roasted red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup Green Dragon Hot Sauce
- Step 1 Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Step 2 Rinse the pasta very well in cold water and put into a large bowl.
- Step 3 Drain the corn and dump it in with the pasta.
- Step 4 Drain and rinse the black beans and add them to the bowl.
- Step 5 Take ½ of the roasted red peppers out of the jar, chop them in small pieces and add them to the bowl.
- Step 6 Drizzle a ½ cup of Green Dragon Hot Sauce over everything and mix well.
- Step 7 (If you are using a different type of pasta that comes in a 16-oz. package, then add ¾ cup of sauce instead).
Feel free to add your own twist. Let me know how you like it! Take a picture of your creation and tag me at #thehiddenveggies so I can see yours too!
Pin it for later:
Click here to see 7 more super easy pasta salad recipes made with simple ingredients from Trader Joe’s.
*Thank you for making purchases though my Amazon links. I receive a small commission on any purchases that you make at no extra charge to you. This allows me to continue to provide you with more free recipes. I only link to products that I personally use and love. Thanks!