Creamy Potato Rosemary Focaccia Soup is the ultimate healthy comfort food. Full of potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and rosemary and blended into creamy perfection. It is vegan, gluten free, and soy free, but full of flavor, satisfying, and delicious.
You will LOVE this soup because it’s…
- Dairy free, gluten free and soy free!
- Packed with nutritious veggies!
- Rich and creamy!
- simply delicious!
What you will need to make rosemary potato soup…
- Potatoes – peeled and cut into pieces. (This will make the creamy base of the soup).
- Olive Oil – A nice quality extra virgin olive oil gives it a nice flavor.
- Onion – any type with work.
- Garlic – for flavor.
- Rosemary – fresh is highly recommended for the best flavor.
- Carrots – for some nutrients, color, and a hint of sweetness.
- Salt – for flavor.
- Immersion Blender – to blend the soup and make it creamy. If you don’t have one you can put the soup in a blender in small batches, but be careful not to overflow the blender with the hot soup.
How do I make creamy rosemary potato focaccia soup?
- Start by sautéing onion in olive oil on low to release its sweetness.
- Throw in some garlic and rosemary and wait for the onions to get translucent.
- Then simply put the peeled potatoes, carrot and onion in the pot.
- Add the water and cook until everything is soft.
- Use an immersion blender to puree it. (I find it much easier than transferring it to a blender, but if you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a blender, food processor, or even a potato masher to make it creamy).
This soup is a big hit with the whole family, and you can feel good that it’s just veggies!
Make sure to make some of my easy focaccia style vegan gluten-free breadsticks to go along with this soup!
Did you make this? Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!
A creamy vegan and gluten free focaccia soup made with rosemary and potatoes.
- 2 TBS olive oil 1 tbsp for cooking onion and 1 tbsp for drizzling on top.
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp rosemary (fresh is best)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5-6 cups water
Start by sautéing the onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil on low to release its sweetness.
Throw in some garlic and rosemary and wait for the onions to get translucent.
Then simply put the peeled potatoes, carrot and onion in the pot and add water until it covers the veggies by about 1 inch.
Cook for about 15 minutes until everything is soft.
- Use an immersion blender to puree it.
Serve hot with drizzled olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt.
- Add more potatoes for a thicker soup.
- Add fewer potatoes for a thinner soup.