These easy vegan green beans can be whipped up in about 10 minutes and make a perfect side dish.
Keep a bag of frozen green beans in the freezer for days when the fresh veggies are running low or you need a little extra added to a meal. Fresh work great too if you have them. The skinnier French style ones cook up faster and are a little more tender.
These beans are so easy to make that this post isn’t really a recipe, but more of an instruction guide. It’s hard to mess up these easy vegan green beans and many ways to make them delicious!
You just need a skillet, I love my iron skillet for this because they cook evenly and never stick, a little oil for frying and a spice or two to make them yummy! You can change up the type of oil and spices that you use to give the dish a different spin.
The most basic way to make them with canola oil and some fresh garlic. This gives them a yummy neutral flavor that the whole family will agree on.
If you are in the mood for a little more punch, or you’re looking for a great side with your Asian dish, turn them into Szechuan Green Beans. Simply use sesame oil instead of canola oil and add a teaspoon or two of garlic Chile paste at the end to give it a punch!
These green beans are also delicious with some thyme or herbs de providence too! Just make sure to add the garlic and spices in the last minute or two of cooking, so they don’t burn.
Serve these easy vegan green beans over rice and turn it into a quick and easy meal!
Super Easy Vegan Green Beans
- 1 TBS cooking oil of choice
- 1 bag of frozen green beans
- 1 clove of garlic minced and/or 1 tsp herbs
- salt to taste
- Step 1 Heat cooking oil in a skillet (An iron skillet works great).
- Step 2 Add the bag of green beans and sauté on medium heat for about 10 minutes until they stop sizzling and start to turn slightly brown. (stirring frequently).
- Step 3 Add a clove or two of fresh minced garlic or any spices or herbs that you wish and stir in for 1 more minute and salt to taste.
Pin the Easy Vegan Green Beans recipe for later:
These beans are great sprinkled with vegan parmesan cheese too!
Want another meal idea that can be whipped up in about 10 minutes? Try these Everything Bagel Sesame Noodles!