Want to eat pumpkin pie every day? Me too! That’s why I started making this healthy vegan pumpkin pie smoothie! Packed with nutrients, this healthy, yet delicious smoothie will power you through the morning. It even works as a healthy dessert!
Why this recipe works…
- It really does taste like pumpkin pie!
- Pumpkin spice is always a hit!
- It’s vegan, gluten-free, and can be made soy-free too!
- Pumpkin pie smoothies can be whipped up in minutes instead of hours like a pumpkin pie!
- They taste like fall!
- It has 274% of your RDA of vitamin A!
What you need to make a vegan pumpkin pie smoothie...
- Bananas - frozen bananas give it sweetness and a creamy ice cream texture.
- Pumpkin Puree - for the pumpkin flavor. You can use any canned pumpkin that you like or mashed baked pumpkin.
- Sweetener - any sweetener you like will work like maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar, or just sugar. (optional)
- Plant-Based Milk - any plant-based milk will work. (If you are using the sweeter vanilla flavored milk, you may want to add less sugar).
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - to give it that authentic pumpkin pie flavor! If you don't have this, you can use cinnamon with a shake of nutmeg instead.
How do I make a pumpkin pie smoothie?
- Simply put a frozen banana, a scoop of canned pumpkin puree, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, and your choice of milk in a blender.
- Turn the blender on for about 30 seconds until it's well blended.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream on top! (optional)
- Use ripe bananas - the ones that have some brown spots. These will be naturally sweeter and you won’t need as much sweetener.
- Peel a bunch of ripe bananas and break them in half. Put them in a freezer bag and keep frozen until you are ready to use in smoothies.
- If using my vegan whipped cream to top your pumpkin pie smoothie, you can make it ahead and keep in the freezer as you would cool whip.
What should I do with the leftover pumpkin puree?
Make Pumpkin muffins! You will have just enough pumpkin puree left in the can to make my delicious vegan pumpkin muffins!
Like smoothies that taste like dessert?
You can also try my unbelievable strawberry cheesecake smoothie that is also on my site.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram for daily vegan recipe ideas and tag me @thehiddenveggies so I can see yours too!
A smoothie made with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice that tastes like a pumpkin pie.
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree from a can
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener like sugar, agave, maple syrup, or coconut sugar. (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1 cup soy milk or any plant-based milk of choice
Put a frozen banana, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, and your choice of milk in a blender.
Turn the blender on for about 30 seconds until well blended.
Serve with vegan whipped cream on top and another sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice! (optional)
- The sweetness of your banana and choice of milk will change the amount of sweetener needed. (Start with 1 tbsp and taste to see if you want more).
- Pumpkin puree is a strong flavor and not very sweet, you will probably need some type of additional sweetener.
- Sugar, agave nectar, maple syrup, and coconut sugar all work well to sweeten the smoothie.
- Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder for a more filling meal.