Want to eat pumpkin pie every day? Me too! That’s why I started making this healthy pumpkin pie smoothie!
Packed with nutrients, this healthy, yet delicious smoothie will power you through the morning. It even work as a healthy dessert!
Why this recipe works…
- It really does taste like pumpkin pie!
- Pumpkin spice is always a hit!
- It’s vegan, gluten free, and can be made soy free too!
- Pumpkin pie smoothies can be whipped up in minutes instead of hours like a pumpkin pie!
- They taste like fall!
- It has 274% of your RDA of vitamin A!
How do I make a pumpkin pie smoothie?
- Simply put a frozen banana, scoop of canned pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and your choice of milk in a blender.
- Turn the blender on for about 30 seconds until it’s well blended.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream on top! (optional)
- Use ripe bananas – the ones that have some brown spots. These will be naturally sweeter and you won’t need as much sweetener.
- Peel a bunch of ripe bananas and break them in half. Put them in a freezer bag and keep frozen until you are ready to use in smoothies.
- If using my vegan whipped cream to top your pumpkin pie smoothie, you can make it ahead and keep in the freezer as you would cool whip.
Like smoothies that taste like dessert?
Did you make this smoothie? Leave a comment and rating and let us know how it went!
A smoothie made with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice that tastes like a pumpkin pie.
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree from a can
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener like sugar, agave, maple syrup, or coconut sugar. (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1 cup soy milk or any plant based milk of choice
Put a frozen banana, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and your choice of milk in a blender.
- Turn the blender on for about 30 seconds until well blended.
Serve with vegan whipped cream on top and another sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice! (optional)
- The sweetness of your banana and choice of milk will change the amount of sweetener needed. (Start with 1 tbsp and taste to see if you want more).
- Pumpkin puree is a strong flavor and not very sweet, you will probably need some type of additional sweetener.
- Sugar, agave nectar, maple syrup, and coconut sugar all work well to sweeten the smoothie.
- Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder for a more filling meal.
Creator Of Vegan Recipes, Writer, And Photographer For The Hidden Veggies