This Spinach Chick’n Salad with Strawberry Milkshake Dressing is vegan, gluten free, and soy free, but bursting with flavor! It is surprisingly delicious and makes my whole family eat plate after plate of spinach salad!
It sounds a little weird and maybe a little too sweet, I was skeptical at first too, but you will be surprised by how addicting this salad can be! If you don’t like a sweet dressing, you can reduce the sugar or even leave it out. I’ve found that about 3 TBS of sugar in the whole batch makes it sweet enough that my kids eat plate after plate of spinach!
We call it Strawberry Milkshake Dressing, because it sweet, creamy and delicious like a strawberry milkshake, but the vinegar gives it a little kick, so it still tastes like dressing. If you like poppy seeds, they are great in this dressing too.
The dressing is so simple! Just throw everything into a blender or an immersion blender and mix until creamy!
I have to admit, I have an addiction to the dressing! It’s the kind of thing that makes you want to lick the plate clean!
Every time strawberries are in season, I just make up a container of strawberry dressing and have it in the fridge for strawberry spinach salads. I grill up some vegan chick’n if I want to make it more of a meal. The chick’n patties from Gardin or the Beyond Meat grilled chick’n strips work well sliced up on the salad.
I love the Butler Soy Curls for this salad too. If you haven’t used them before, they are great for anything that you would make with chicken strips. They come dehydrated and will take on the flavor of the broth that you rehydrate them in. They are gluten free too!
Spinach Chick’n Salad with Strawberry Milkshake Dressing
- A large bowl of washed baby spinach
- 5 strawberries
- 1 package Chick’n strips of choice, like Gardein, Beyond Meat, or Butler Soy Curls (optional)
- ½ canola or vegetable oil
- 2-4 TBS vegan sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dry ground mustard powder
- 2 TBS white or wine vinegar
- 3 medium strawberries
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- Step 1 Cook the chick’n strips according to package directions, and let cool (optional).
- Step 2 While chick’n is cooling, put the spinach in a salad bowl.
- Step 3 Slice a few strawberries and mix in with the spinach.
- Step 4 Put oil, sugar, salt, mustard, vinegar, and 3 strawberries in a blender or an immersion blender.
- Step 5 Blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in poppy seeds after blending if desired.
- Step 6 Top the salad with sliced strawberries and chick’n strips.
- Step 7 Pour the dressing over the salad just before eating.
This is a beautiful summer salad to bring to picnics and parties! Just leave the dressing on the side until you are ready to serve it or it will get soggy.
I promise a bowl of spinach will go in minutes with this dressing!
Pin it for later:
*Thank you for making purchases though my Amazon links. I receive a small commission on any purchases that you make at NO extra charge to you. This allows me to continue to provide you with more free recipes. I only link to products that I personally use and love. Thanks so much!