These vegan franks and beans provide an easy lunch, snack, or side that your family will love! They can be ready to eat in less than 5 minutes and packed with fiber and protein!
This is not so much a recipe, rather an idea for a super easy, filling, vegan meal. It’s as simple as opening two packages, cutting up some vegan hot dogs and heating it up. A vegan/ gluten free protein packed meal or side that you can make in minutes!
Gluten free and vegan lunch foods that won’t leave your kids feeling deprived are hard to come by. When I discovered some brands of baked beans were vegan, I was pretty excited and so were my kids! (Bushes vegetarian baked beans and Amy’s vegetarian baked beans brand are both vegan and gluten free. The Trader Joe’s brand is vegan, but it is made on shared equipment with wheat). I started heating up these vegan baked beans, cutting up a few tofu dogs, and putting them in a thermos for my boys’ lunches. They were thrilled! They finally had something filling, kid friendly, and “normal” looking for all of the food comparing that goes on at a school lunch table!
You can serve the beans plain or add some pieces of vegan hot dog (don’t forget to cut these very small for young children)! There are many brands of vegan hot dogs out there. Smartdogs are easy to find at Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and most major grocery stores. Tofurky also makes a delicious vegan hot dog, but it is not gluten free.
Super Easy Vegan Franks and Beans
- 1 Can of Vegan Baked Beans
- 2-3 Vegan hot dogs like Tofupups or Smartdogs
- ¼ cup vegan shredded cheese (optional)
- Step 1 Add can of vegan baked beans to a Sause pan or microwaveable bowl.
- Step 2 Cut up vegan hot dogs into small pieces and add to beans.
- Step 3 Stir and heat over medium heat for about 3 minutes until hot. (Or microwave for 2 minutes)
- Step 4 Sprinkle with vegan cheese shred if desired and serve.
Pin the vegan franks and beans recipe for later: