Sweet Salsa Mexican Pasta Salad with red lentil pasta and salsas from Trader Joes! This pasta salad is vegan, gluten free, and oil free too. Sweet with a little spice, this pasta salad is one of my kids’ favorites!
I was intrigued by the red lentil pasta from Trader Joes, but I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it. It has a great texture, but a little different than regular pasta, so red sauce didn’t seem like the right thing to put on it. It seemed like it called for a little Mexican flare, so I came up with this super quick and easy pasta salad.
Just cook the pasta according to package directions, and then simply dump in the can of salsa Verde, corn salsa, and a can of black bean, mix and you’re done! If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, you can still make this! You can get the Trader Joe’s Lentil Pasta, Corn and Chile Tomato-less Salsa, and Salsa Verde on Amazon and have it delivered directly to you! It can’t get much easier than that!
Sweet Salsa Mexican Pasta Salad
- I bag of red lentil pasta from Trader Joes or other pasta of choice
- 1 jar of Salsa Verde
- 1 jar of Corn Salsa
- 1 Can of black beans rinsed and drained
- Step 1 Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Step 2 While the pasta is cooking, drain and rinse the black beans.
- Step 3 Dup a jar of Salsa Verde, corn salsa and rinsed black beans in a bowl and mix.
- Step 4 When the pasta is done, drain and rinse it very well.
- Step 5 Mix pasta with the salsa and bean mixture.
- Step 6 Serve or store in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
If you don’t like the spice or the sweetness, you can also use a can of corn instead of the sweet and spicy corn salsa.
It makes the perfect gluten free vegan potluck dish! It keeps well in the fridge and makes a great lunch too! This will definitely be going in my kids’ thermoses for lunch when school starts again.
Feel free to add your own twist. Let me know how you like it! Take a picture of your creation and tag me at #thehiddenveggies so I can see yours too!
Pin it for later:
*Thank you for making purchases though my Amazon links. I receive a small commission on any purchases that you make at no extra charge to you. This allows me to continue to provide you with more free recipes. I only link to products that I personally use and love. Thanks!