Simple Green Curry Coconut Rice is a creamy, delicious comfort food. It is vegan, gluten free, and soy free – yet super quick and easy. Put in your favorite veggies and protein of choice and you have a great, no fuss, 1 pot meal.
If you like coconut milk, you will love this dish. It has all the creamy satisfying goodness of a comfort food, packed with veggies, and full of flavor. This is one of those meals that I make on those rushed nights when I don’t have time to fuss over dinner. You just put everything into a pot, bring it to a boil, and then dump in the rice.
I usually use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables for this dish to make it quick and easy, but if you have a little extra time, chop of any fresh vegetables you choose. Broccoli, zucchini, and bell peppers also work great in this meal too. Add your favorite protein, like chickpeas, some chick’n strips, or cubed tofu, and you have a complete meal.
Simple Green Curry Coconut Rice
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 1 16oz bag of frozen mixed veggies or 3 cups of vegetables of choice
- Protein of choice like tofu, chick'n strips or chick peas (optional)
- 1 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk
- 2 cans of water (27 oz.)
- 1 TBS green curry paste or other spice of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups of washed Jasmine or other long grain rice
- 1 lime to slice
- Step 1 Put the canola oil in the bottom of a pot along with the vegetables and protein of choice.
- Step 2 Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Step 3 Add a can of coconut milk.
- Step 4 Fill up the coconut milk can with water 2 times and put it into the pot.
- Step 5 Add salt and spices.
- Step 6 Cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- Step 7 Rinse the rice well until water runs clear then put it into the pot once the liquid is boiling.
- Step 8 Cook at medium heat for about 5-8 minutes until the liquid is just below the rice line.
- Step 9 Cover and turn to low for 5 minutes.
- Step 10 Turn off the heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Step 11 Serve with a slice of lime to squeeze if desired.
I love the flavors in green curry, especially with the creamy coconut milk, but feel free to use yellow curry, red curry or any other spices that you like to season it with. You can also use brown rice if you choose, it will just need to cook about 10-15 minutes longer.
Pin it for later!