Vegan bean salad recipes are easy to make, healthy, affordable, and filling. You can use any type of bean or legume that you could imagine like black beans, kidney beans, navy beans, chickpeas, or even edamame just to name a few.
Vegan bean salads one of my favorite things to make and keep in the fridge for snacks, sides, or an easy lunch. Unlike green salads, beans are packed with healthy plant-based protein, so bean salads will keep you satisfied for hours.
They're great for healthy vegan meal prep since most keep well in the fridge for days, and nearly all of them can easily be made gluten-free too.
What types of beans are good for salads?
Canned beans make bean salad recipes super easy to make since they are already cooked. This way you just have to open the can and give the beans a rinse. If you have dietary needs, be sure to check the labels, since many brands add extra salt or sugar to the beans.
Chickpeas aka garbanzo beans are a common neutral-flavored bean that works great in bean salads.
- Citrus Salad with Chickpeas - from The Hidden Veggies
- Easy Chickpea Salad with Garlic Vinaigrette - from The Hidden Veggies
- Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich- from My Quiet Kitchen
- Avocado Chickpea Salad - from Dianne's Vegan Kitchen
- Healthy Chickpea Salad - from Piping Pot Curry
- Middle Eastern Chickpea Salad - from Tin and Thyme
- Balela salad (Lebanese Chickpea Salad) - from Plant-Based Folk
- Beetroot and Chickpea Salad - from Heartfultable
- Mediterranean Bean Salad - from The View from Great Island
- Chickpea Salad with Edamame - from Hurray for Health
- Vegan Chinese "Chicken" Salad - from World of Vegan
Black bean salads
Black beans are smaller beans with a slightly stronger flavor. They are commonly used in Mexican-style dishes but work well in a variety of bean salads.
White bean (cannellini bean) salads
White beans have a neutral flavor and a creamy texture. They're a great protein-packed base for any salad.
Multi bean salads
Why just use one kind of bean when you can throw in a bunch of different beans for more taste and texture in your bean salad recipes?
Bean and grain salads
I love to add whole grains to bean salads to make them more of a complete meal. Cooked quinoa, barley, or short-grain brown rice all work great since they hold their texture well.
- Vegan Bean Salad - Southwest Style from The Hidden Veggies
- Dilled Bean Salad with Quinoa- from Delish Knowledge
- Broccoli and Chickpea Salad with Faro - from Running on Real Food
- Sprouted Lentil and Couscous Warm Salad - from Our Plant-Based World
- Zesty Quinoa Salad - from No Sweat Vegan
- Red Rice Salad - from Heartful Table
- Mediterranean Cucumber Salad with Quinoa - from Veggie Fun Kitchen
- Chickpea Thai Quinoa - from VNutrition and Wellness
- Peach and Quinoa Summer Salad - from Eat with Clarity
I hope that you give some of these bean salad recipes a try! Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite!