Chickpea Citrus Confetti Salad is vegan, gluten free, and soy free. (This salad is my version of the tri-colored chickpea salad from Costco.) It is bright and cheery and makes a beautiful side dish perfect for summer salads or bringing to a potluck! Make a big batch and use it for a quick easy lunch food. It keeps well in the fridge for about 3 days and it’s on of those salads that tastes better if it has at least a few hours to sit and marinate in the flavors. If you have a pot picnic or pot luck, just make it the night before and it will be perfect the next day.
Chickpea Citrus Confetti Salad is one of those things that are great to make up and keep in the fridge for healthy snacks, easy lunches, or a satisfying side. The protein from the chickpeas fills you up while the lime and cilantro combo hits the spot! I know that there are people who hate cilantro, and if you are one of them, just leave it out. I personally think that lime and cilantro is totally addicting!
The kids like it because it is colorful and fun. The sweetness of the orange juice and the agave nectar keep them eating it up. Adjust the amount of agave that you put in to make it more or less sweet!
Chickpea Citrus Confetti Salad
- 3 cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped and soaked in water
- 3 stalks of green onions
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 2TBS agave nectar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp white or red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Step 1 Chop the red onion and then put it in a bowl with enough water to cover it. Set aside for a few minutes. (This will mellow the flavor of the onion).
- Step 2 Put the chick peas and veggies into a bowl and mix.
- Step 3 In a separate container, mix the orange juice, lime, agave, salt and vinegar.
- Step 4 Drain the onion and add to the salad.
- Step 5 Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix well.
The perfect refreshing summer salad! Enjoy!
Pin it for later:
If you love this salad, check out my Easy Chickpea Garlic Vinaigrette Salad, for another super easy, make-ahead summer salad!