This Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese for One is the perfect meal for your picky eater or for a comfy evening alone on the couch! No need to buy expensive premade mixes or individual frozen meals.
What if you want to make a big batch?
Of course, you can double or quadruple the recipe and make enough for the whole family! However, there are so many times that people need just one serving for that picky eater or kid at heart, I created this recipe. The easiest way possible to make some dairy free mac and cheese!
How long is it going to take to make?
You can whip up this bowl of creamy deliciousness in the time that it takes the macaroni to boil! If you have one of those kids that needs mac and cheese for every meal and you don’t want to fuss over a batch of vegan cheese sauce, then this is a life changing recipe!
Just mix vegan cream cheese with some water, nutritional yeast, and spices listed below, and you have your cheesy sauce ready to go.
Drain the macaroni, mix it with the sauce, and serve.
It is really that easy to have creamy dairy free comfort food in less than 10 minutes!
Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese for One
- ½ cup dry macaroni cooked according to package directions
- 2 TBS vegan cream cheese like Tofutti or Trader Joe's brand
- 2 TBS hot water
- 1 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Sprinkle of turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Boil water and cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Step 2 While macaroni is cooking, mix all other ingredients in the bottom of the bowl.
- Step 3 Stir with a fork until creamy and the cream cheese is dissolved to make the cheese sauce.
- Step 4 Drain the pasta and immediately mix it in with the cheese sauce and serve.
Do you need gluten free vegan mac and cheese?
If you need it to be gluten free, just use Gluten Free macaroni and be sure to buy a gluten free vegan cream cheese, and you will have a gluten free and dairy free meal your kids will love! This is a fun recipe for kids to make too, they will just need some help with boiling and draining the pasta, but they can do the rest themselves!
Pin this Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese for One: