This super easy vegan mac and cheese for one is the perfect meal for your picky eater or for a comfy evening alone on the couch! No need to buy expensive pre-made mixes or individual frozen meals when you can whip this up in minutes with a few simple ingredients!
Sometimes my kids want some mac and cheese for a snack, but I don’t feel like making a full meal for them. I just want a serving or two that I can make quickly. That is why I came up with this quick and easy recipe. It’s truly the easiest way possible to make some dairy-free mac and cheese!
Why you will love this super easy vegan mac and cheese…
- Well, it’s crazy easy to make!
- You can whip it up in minutes with no cooking except to boil the macaroni.
- It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free!
- You can make as much or as little as you would like.
- Macaroni – or any other shape pasta that you wish.
- Vegan Cream Cheese – you can use any store-bought brands like Tofutti Trader Joe’s or you can use my recipe for homemade vegan cream cheese. (It’s very easy and can be made in about 5 minutes).
- Nutritional Yeast – for a cheesy flavor. Nutritional yeast is a yellow flaky powder that is sold in most health food stores or large grocery stores. It’s not the same as brewer’s yeast.
- Salt – for flavor.
- Tumeric – for color.
- Water – to thin out the cream cheese mixture.
You can whip up this bowl of creamy deliciousness in the time that it takes the macaroni to boil! If you have one of those kids that needs mac and cheese for every meal, yet you don’t want to fuss over a batch of vegan cheese sauce, then this is a life-changing recipe!
- Boil your choice of macaroni according to package directions.
- Mix vegan cream cheese with some water, nutritional yeast, and spices listed below, and you have your cheesy sauce ready to go.
- Drain the macaroni.
- Mix the hot macaroni with the sauce, and serve.
It is really that easy to have creamy dairy-free comfort food in less than 10 minutes!
Making this recipe gluten-free
If you need it to be gluten-free, simply use gluten-free macaroni. Be sure to buy a gluten-free vegan cream cheese too, and you will have a gluten-free and dairy-free meal your kids will love!
Note: This is a fun recipe for kids to make themselves! They will just need some help with boiling and draining the pasta, but they will love making the cheese sauce on their own.
Make it a totally kid-friendly meal and add some veggies dipped in my homemade vegan ranch!
How to make a larger batch
I like to whip up this easy mac and cheese if my kids just want a quick lunch or snack, but if the whole family wants mac and cheese, I take a few extra minutes and make my classic vegan mac and cheese using my homemade cheese sauce for the ultimate creamy, cheesy mac and cheese!
Healthy and soy-free super easy vegan mac and cheese
Pour my easy cashew cheese dip over cooked macaroni for a healthier alternative with a great taste!
Did you make this easy vegan mac & cheese recipe? Leave a comment and let me know how it went!
A simple way to make gluten and nut-free vegan mac and cheese with a few simple ingredients.
Boil your choice of macaroni according to package directions.
Mix vegan cream cheese, water, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt in a small mixing bowl
Drain the macaroni, mix the hot macaroni with the sauce, and serve.
- This makes 1 individual serving.
- Adjust the blue number of servings in this recipe card to help calculate larger amounts.