Rich and creamy vegan eggnog that you can make at home! No need to search the stores for this specialty item or wait for the holidays for this treat to hit the shelves! Easily make your own with your choice of plant-based milk like soy, almond, cashew, or oat milk! It's so easy, you'll never believe that you used to buy it! Add a little rum for boozy eggnog or keep it simple for the kids, either way, it's a must-have beverage for Christmas time.
We can’t decorate our Christmas tree without a glass of vegan eggnog! It’s the way I bribe my children to help me decorate. I keep the eggnog blending and they keep working on decorating!
Vegan eggnog always seemed like some mystery drink that you had to buy at the store until I realized that it’s just rich sweetened plant-based milk with some nutmeg. It’s quicker to make your own than drive to the store to buy it!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- It will save you a ton of money.
- You can use any sweetener that you wish.
- You can control the amount of sweetener that you use.
- It’s rich, creamy, and frothy!
- There’s no need to hunt for vegan eggnog or go to a specialty store to find it.
- You can spike it with a little rum if you choose!
🧾 Ingredients and substitutions
- Plant-based milk - I usually use oat, cashew, or soy milk because it’s rich and creamy to start with, but any plant-based milk that you want like rice, almond, or even hemp milk will work.
- Oil - This is optional, but gives it a rich, creamy texture. Leave it out for oil-free.
- Sweetener - you can use any sweetener that you choose. Sweeten to your taste. (You can also use dates. Just throw a few in with 1 cup of the milk and blend and then add the rest of the ingredients). You may want to start by adding 1/2 of the recommended sugar and add more to taste.
- Nutmeg - This is the spice that gives the eggnog its flavor. (You can add a dash of cinnamon too).
- Vanilla Extract - for additional flavor. You can omit if using vanilla milk.
- Rum - Optional of course, but it will warm you up! (About 1 shot in a batch gives it a nice flavor, and is not overwhelming).
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend for about 1-2 minutes until it’s foamy, and all the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve in a pretty glass with a sprinkle of nutmeg!
Making homemade dairy-free eggnog is that simple! You will never need to buy it again!
Just store this homemade eggnog in an airtight container in the fridge and it will keep for up to 5 days. If you want it to be frothy and creamier, just toss it back in the blender for a few seconds before serving.
❄️ More holiday favorites
- Vegan Shortbread Cookies
- Vegan Royal Icing
- Homemade Old Fashion Vegan Fudge
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Homemade Holiday Vegan Chocolates
📌 Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for new vegan recipes!
An easy way to make homemade vegan eggnog with plant-based milk.
- 3 cups soy milk or any plant-based milk you want
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar or any other sweetener you choose like maple syrup.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or any neutral-flavored oil (optional to make it creamier)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
Pour 3 cups milk, 2/3 cup sugar (or less to taste), 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and a dash of cinnamon into a blender.
Blend for about 1-2 minutes until it’s foamy, and all the sugar has dissolved.
Serve in a pretty glass with a sprinkle of nutmeg!
- You can use less sugar than this. This amount of sugar makes it a similar sweetness level as those sold in stores if you are using plain soymilk.
- The amount of sugar needed will vary by your taste and the sweetness level of the plant-based milk you are using.
- Feel free to omit the oil. It just makes it a little richer and creamier.