Rich and creamy vegan eggnog that you can make at home! No need to search the stores for this specialty item or wait for the holidays for this treat to hit the shelves! Easily make your own with your choice of plant-based milk like soy, almond, cashew, or oat milk! It’s so easy, you’ll never believe that you used to buy it!
We can’t decorate our Christmas tree without a glass of vegan eggnog! It’s the way I bribe my children to help me decorate. I keep the eggnog blending and they keep working on decorating! 😊
Eggnog always seemed like some mystery drink that you had to buy at the store until I realized that it’s just rich sweetened milk with some nutmeg. It’s quicker to make your own than drive to the store to buy it!
Why you will LOVE this vegan eggnog recipe…
- It will save you a ton of money.
- You can use any sweetener that you wish.
- You can control the amount of sweetener that you use.
- It’s rich, creamy and frothy!
- There’s no need to hunt for vegan eggnog or go to a specialty store to find it.
- You can spike it with a little rum if you choose!
What you will need to make your own vegan eggnog?
- Blender: Any standard blender will work to whip it up and make it creamy. (You can also use an immersion blender instead).
- Plant-based milk: I use soy milk because it’s rich and creamy to start with. (You can use plain or vanilla).
- Oil: This is optional, but gives it a rich, creamy texture.
- Sweetener: you can use any sweetener that you choose. Sweeten to your taste. (You can also use dates. Just throw a few in with 1 cup of the milk and blend and then add the rest of the ingredients).
- Nutmeg: This is the spice that gives the eggnog its flavor. (You can add a dash of cinnamon too).
- Rum: Optional of course, but it will warm you up! (About a shot gives it a nice flavor).
How do you make vegan eggnog?
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend for about 1-2 minutes until it’s foamy, and all the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve in a pretty glass with a sprinkle of nutmeg!
It’s that simple! You will never need to buy it again!
Want to save a ton of money and make some more of your own vegan staples?
I went vegan about 20 years ago. This was before things like vegan eggnog were available in stores, so I had to learn how to create my own with the basic ingredients that I had available. I learned how easy it was to make my own vegan essentials. Even though I can easily buy vegan nog and other staples at the store, I like to save money, save packaging, and control the ingredients that I want in my food, so I make most of my own staples. You can subscribe to my blog and I’ll share my free Beginner’s Guide to Homemade Vegan Staples with you, so you can do it too!
Want a light and fluffy vegan eggnog that is so thick and creamy you eat it with a spoon? Try my thick spoon up eggless eggnog!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram for daily vegan recipe ideas!
An easy way to make homemade vegan eggnog with plant-based milk.
- 3 cups soy milk or any plant-based milk you want
- 2/3 cup vegan sugar or any other sweetener you choose
- 1 tbsp canola oil or any neutral-flavored oil (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
Pour all of the ingredients into a blender.
Blend for about 1-2 minutes until it’s foamy, and all the sugar has dissolved.
Serve in a pretty glass with a sprinkle of nutmeg!
- You can use less sugar than this. This amount makes it a similar sweetness level as those sold in stores.
- Feel free to omit the oil. It just makes it a little richer and creamier.