These may just be the perfect gluten-free vegan chocolate cupcakes! This is a moist, chocolaty, not too sweet cupcake that you can whip up in minutes with no special ingredients or equipment This vegan cupcake recipe bakes up perfectly every time with regular wheat flour and most gluten-free flour mixes. You can also bake it in a cake pan for a perfectly moist vegan chocolate cake!
This tried and true recipe comes out perfect every time and is my go-to recipe for my gluten-free vegan kids’ birthdays or special events.
Why you will LOVE these chocolate cupcakes…
- They’re moist, fluffy, and delicious!
- They are free of dairy, eggs, and nuts and they come out great with either regular or gluten-free flour.
- You don’t need a mixer or special equipment, just a mixing bowl and a whisk!
- There is no need for egg replacers.
- You probably already have all the ingredients that you need in your pantry!
- You can easily make your own gluten-free flour that works perfectly for these cupcakes!
I’ve been making this vegan chocolate cake recipe for years and it never disappoints. It always comes out moist and delicious and I love that it’s not too sweet!
How do I make gluten-free vegan chocolate cupcakes?
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Measure out all the dry ingredients unto a mixing bowl.
- Measure out the wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl (I like to use a large measuring container).
- Stir with a whisk for about 30 seconds until all the batter is combined.
- Pour it into cupcake liners or a greased and floured 8 inch round cake pan.
- Bake cupcakes for about 20 minutes or cake for 25-28 minutes.
Note: This recipe works well in cake form too and this recipe will make either 12 cupcakes or one 9 inch round cake.
What type of vegan frosting should I use?
You can use any frosting that you would like to top these cupcakes. My salted caramel frosting is rich, buttery, sweet and salty which is a perfect combo with this chocolate cake. My recipe for The Best Vegan Buttercream Frosting can be made in any flavor like chocolate, vanilla or strawberry and is delicious on these cupcakes!
Did you make these gluten-free vegan chocolate cupcakes? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
An easy moist and rich chocolate cupcake made gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour or regular wheat flour if not gluten-free
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil (any neutral flavored oil will work)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Measure out all the dry ingredients unto a mixing bowl.
Measure out the wet ingredient in a separate mixing bowl (I like to use a large measuring container).
Stir with a whisk for about 30 seconds until all the batter is combined.
Pour it into cupcake liners or a greased and floured 8 inch round cake pan.
Bake cupcakes for about 20 minutes or if making a cake for 25-28 minutes.
- This recipe works well in cake form too and this recipe will make either 12 cupcakes or one 8 inch round cake.
- If you want to make a double layered cake, double the recipe.