This vegan Caesar salad with a classic tasting vegan Caesar dressing tastes like the real deal! This creamy dressing served over crisp romaine lettuce topped with croutons may be the most delicious vegan salad that you will ever eat!
How do I find vegan Caesar salad dressing?
Recently a few brands of vegan salad dressings have hit the market. However, they are hard to find and a little pricy. It is so quick and easy to make your own, there is really no reason to buy it. Plus, this recipe taste better too!
How do I make my vegan Caesar salad taste like the classic original?
- Start with fresh crisp Romaine lettuce.
- Wash it and pat dry with a paper towel, then cut or break it up into bite sized pieces.
- Top with some croutons and the vegan Caesar salad dressing and toss.
- You can also add some vegan Parmesan cheese shreds if you would like (or make your own using my vegan parmesan cheese recipe). I like it with some cherry tomatoes as well to give it a little extra color and flavor.
Tip: If you need gluten free vegan croutons, they are hard to find in the store, but they are easy to make your own. This is the method that I use.
How do I make my own vegan Caesar dressing?
To make the vegan Caesar dressing, simply put all the ingredients into a blender or immersion blender container and blend until creamy.
What gives it the authentic flavor?
Non-vegan Caesar usually has anchovies, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese. It is easy to replace those flavors with some kelp flakes, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, and nutritional yeast. Once blended with soy milk, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar, it magically turns creamy and tastes like classic Caesar dressing! The kelp flakes give it a slight fishy flavor, like anchovies would. If you don’t like that, simply leave it out.
Do they make vegan Worcestershire sauce?
Impress your guest at your next vegan party or just watch your family devour a bowl of salad with this vegan Caesar salad recipe!
Want another amazing creamy vegan salad dressing?
Try this vegan ranch dressing! It tastes just like classic ranch, but without the dairy!
Want some other recipes that have a seafood flavor by using kelp flakes?
Make authentic tasting vegan “tuna” salad or a vegan tuna melt!
This vegan linguini with clam sauce recipe will amaze you!
Did you make this salad? Leave a comment and rating below the post!
A classic tasting caesar salad made with homemade vegan salad dressing.
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup vegan croutons
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese shreds (optional)
Put all of the above ingredients except for the water into a blender and blend until thick and creamy.
Add a water a sprinkle at a time until desired consistency.
Wash the Romaine lettuce and pat dry with a paper towel.
Cut or rip the lettuce into bite sized pieces.
Top with croutons, cherry tomatoes, and vegan parmesan cheese (optional).
Top with Caesar salad dressing and serve immediately.
- The amount of water needed will depend on the type of soy milk that you use.
- The protein in the soy milk gives it the thick creamy texture. If you choose to use a different type of non-dairy milk, omit the water and add 1 tsp or pea protein or aquafaba.
- Make sure to use PLAIN milk and not vanilla!
- If you don't want a slight fish flavor, omit the kelp flakes.
- Top the salad with grilled vegan "chicken" strips like Beyond Meat brand for more of a meal.
Creator Of Vegan Recipes, Writer, And Photographer For The Hidden Veggies