This vegan Greek salad is gluten free and dairy free yet full of all other classic Greek flavors that you love!
Should I serve this vegan Greek salad hot or cold?
This vegan Greek salad is delicious either hot or cold. It keeps well in the fridge and works well for picnics or packed lunches too!
What should I put in my Greek Salad?
Adding the things that you like is the fun part of this salad! I always put in cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olive and my homemade vegan feta cheese. If I’m in the mood, I also like to add diced cucumber or marinated artichoke hearts. If I’m serving it hot, I throw in a few handfuls of baby spinach too.
What if I need to make it a gluten free pasta salad?
I use gluten free pasta to make our vegan Greek salad. I’ve tried a lot of different types for pasta salad, but I have found that the one that works the best in a cold pasta salad is the quinoa and brown rice ones. It dries out a little more than wheat pasta once it sits for a while, so I add extra liquid to my gluten free pasta salad to account for this.
How do I make the vegan Greek pasta salad?
First, slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in a bowl with some Kalamata olives, vegan feta cheese, herbs, and olive oil.
You can also add artichoke hearts, spinach or cucumber at this time if you choose.
Next, toss in 16 oz. of cooked, drained and rinsed pasta.
Mix it all up and serve either hot or put in the fridge to serve cold later.
A gluten free and vegan vegan pasta salad with vegan feta cheese and olives.
- 1 16 oz. pasta cooked to package directions
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 12 oz. jar Kalamata olives with liquid or 1 cup olives plus 1/4 -1/2 cup liquid
- 1 package vegan feta cheese or homemade tofu feta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts (optional)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (optional)
First, heat a large pot of water with a tsp. of salt to boil the pasta.
Cook your pasta according to package dirctions.
While the pasta is cooking, slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in a bowl with some Kalamata olives, vegan feta cheese, herbs, and olive oil. (You can also add artichoke hearts, spinach or cucumber at this time if you choose).
When the pasta if done cooking, drain and rinse well then toss it in with the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Serve it hot or put in the fridge to serve cold later.
- Nutrition facts are calculated using the vegan tofu feta.
- If using gluten free pasta add 1/2 cup of liquid packed with the Kalamata olives. If using wheat pasta add only 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Add or take away your favorite Greek ingredients to make the perfect Greek salad for your taste.
- You can use store bought vegan feta or make your own vegan feta.
Tips for making a great gluten free pasta salad:
- Make sure to boil your pasta in plenty of water (about 2 cups more than you would use for wheat pasta).
- Salt the cooking water to give the pasta more flavor!
- Rinse the cooked pasta well to get off all of the excess starch. (A big cullender helps to toss the pasta around and rinse it well).
- If serving it cold in a salad, use extra dressing. Gluten free pasta dries out more than wheat pasta.
Pin the vegan Greek salad recipe for later!
Love feta cheese?
Try this vegan beet salad with tofu feta and mint! You will not be disappointed!