The best vegan pumpkin muffin you will ever taste! Spiced perfectly with cinnamon and nutmeg and full of healthy pumpkin puree it’s like taking a bite of fall! You can whip up a batch in about 30 minutes with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Why you’ll love these vegan pumpkin muffins…
- They’re free of eggs, dairy and nuts.
- They can easily be made soy and gluten-free.
- You can add chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, cranberries or whatever you want to them.
- You can whip up a batch in 30 minutes!
- No fancy kitchen tools needed, just 1 bowl and a spoon and a muffin tin.
- You can make them ahead and they’re great for breakfast, dessert, or snacks!
These muffins were inspired by my gluten-free vegan banana bread since it never fails me. I swapped out the bananas for pumpkin puree and made a few adjustments to come up with these muffins. I’ve made them many times now, and like my banana bread, this recipe never disappoints!
How do you make vegan pumpkin muffins?
- Preheat your oven to 375° F
- Then add all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, melted coconut oil, soy milk, and vanilla) plus the sugar to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir well.
- Measure out the flour and add the baking powder and baking soda to it and give it a little stir.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir again until the batter is mixed. (It will be a thick batter).
- Add 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or dried cranberries and mix again.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins, filling 2/3 of the way full and bake. (22 minutes for mini muffins and 24 minutes for regular-sized muffins).
Tips for perfect vegan pumpkin muffins every time:
- Measure carefully, slight changes in measurements can significantly change the final product when baking.
- Make sure to pre-heat the oven and be sure it reaches 375° F before putting in the muffins.
- To make your muffins look pretty, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top just before baking so they don’t get mixed in with all the batter.
How do I make these muffins gluten-free?
These muffins come out perfectly when you use my gluten-free flour mix. You can also use any store-bought gluten-free flour mix that you have, but the taste and texture are best with my mix. It will take you less than 5 minutes to make and it’s well worth the time!
Did you make these vegan pumpkin muffins? Leave a comment below or on the Pinterest pin and let us know what you think!
An easy gluten-free vegan pumpkin muffin recipe. Add chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts to make them your own.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted (or vegan margarine)
- 1/4 cup soy milk or any plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Add the pumpkin, melted coconut oil, soy milk, vanilla, and sugar to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir well.
Measure out the flour. Add the baking powder and baking soda to it, then give it a little stir.
Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir again until the batter is mixed into a thick consistent batter.
Add chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or dried cranberries and mix again.
Pour into oiled muffin tins, filling 2/3 of the way full and top with a few vegan chocolate chips. (Bake for 22 minutes for mini muffins and 24 minutes for regular-sized muffins).