The best vegan pumpkin muffin you will ever taste! Spiced perfectly with cinnamon and nutmeg and full of healthy pumpkin puree it’s like taking a bite of fall!
Why you’ll love these vegan pumpkin muffins…
- They’re free of eggs, dairy and nuts.
- They can easily be made soy and gluten-free.
- You can add chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, cranberries or whatever you want to them.
- You can whip up a batch in 30 minutes!
- No fancy kitchen tools needed, just 1 bowl and a spoon and a muffin tin.
- You can make them ahead and they’re great for breakfast, dessert, or snacks!
These muffins were inspired by my gluten-free vegan banana bread since it never fails me. I swapped out the bananas for pumpkin puree and made a few adjustments to come up with these muffins. I’ve made them many times now, and like my banana bread, this recipe never disappoints!
How do you make vegan pumpkin muffins?
- Pre-heat your oven to 375° F
- Then add all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, melted coconut oil, soy milk, and vanilla) plus the sugar to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir well.
- Measure out the flour and add the baking powder and baking soda to it and give it a little stir.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir again until the batter is mixed. (It will be a thick batter).
- Add 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or dried cranberries and mix again.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins, filling 2/3 of the way full and bake. (22 minutes for mini muffins and 24 minutes for regular-sized muffins).
Tips for perfect vegan pumpkin muffins every time:
- Measure carefully, slight changes in measurements can significantly change the final product when baking.
- Make sure to pre-heat the oven and be sure it reaches 375° F before putting in the muffins.
- To make your muffins look pretty, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top just before baking so they don’t get mixed in with all the batter.
How do I make these muffins gluten-free?
These muffins come out perfectly when you use my gluten-free flour mix. You can also use any store-bought gluten-free flour mix that you have, but the taste and texture are best with my mix. It will take you less than 5 minutes to make and it’s well worth the time!
Did you make these vegan pumpkin muffins? Leave a comment below or on the Pinterest pin and let us know what you think!
An easy gluten free vegan pumpkin muffin recipe. Add chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts to make them your own.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted (or vegan margarine)
- 1/4 cup soy milk or any plant based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pre-heat your oven to 375° F.
Add the pumpkin, melted coconut oil, soy milk, vanilla, and sugar to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir well.
Measure out the flour and add the baking powder and baking soda to it and give it a little stir.
Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir again until the batter is mixed into a thick consistent batter.
Add chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or dried cranberries and mix again.
Pour into oiled muffin tins, filling 2/3 of the way full and top with a few vegan chocolate chips. (Bake for 22 minutes for mini muffins and 24 minutes for regular sized muffins).