This vegan taco soup is gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free. It couldn’t be much easier to make, and it’s always a hit with everyone! Made the flavorful soup base and let your family and friends add all of their favorite taco toppings! It will be a hit, I promise!
What is taco soup?
Taco soup is simply everything that you like in your vegan tacos, yet stirred into a savory taco flavored broth of beans, corn, and zucchini!
Why should I make this in the crockpot?
You can make this on the stovetop or in your crockpot. It comes out delicious either way. Using the crockpot just makes it easier.
- Easy for busy days!
- Great for summer when you don’t want to heat up your kitchen!
- Perfect for picky eaters because they can pick their toppings!
How do I make vegan taco soup?
- First, dump in all the ingredients into your slow cooker
- Next, turn it on and walk away.
- Then, come back 5 -8 hours later.
- Finally, top it with your favorite taco toppings and you have a delicious meal that everyone will love!
Can I change some of the ingredients?
Sure! The fun part about this soup that it can be different every time. You can add whatever veggies and beans that you like, then add some water and spices – adjust the spice level to make it mild, medium, or spicy, and let all the yummy flavors slowly cook together!
What do I put on top of this vegan taco soup?
When I make this soup, I set up a taco bar for my family. That way everyone can customize their own bowl. Kids especially love adding their favorites and making it their own.
Set out thing like…
- vegan sour cream
- vegan cheese
- diced tomatoes
- corn chips
And let your friends and family create a taco soup supreme!
This is a great vegan party food!
This vegan taco soup is one of my favorite things to make for a vegan dinner party. All my Omni friends and family love it and since it is customizable, everyone gets what they like.
What are the best toppings for this soup?
My family always adds vegan sour cream! When you stir it in, it creates a creamy savory soup that incredibly addictive!
- Surprisingly, crumbled up corn chips are also a nice addition as well.
- If you like cilantro, then it’s a must-have topping! Cilantro with a squeeze of lime makes almost any meal better in my opinion.
- Kids always love lots of vegan cheese that melts and gets stretchy in their hot soup!
Want to learn how to make your own vegan sour cream from silken tofu? Check out my vegan sour cream recipe!
Want another delicious vegan soup that you can make in your crockpot? Try my delicious pumpkin bean soup!
Play around with your toppings and leave your favorites in the comments below!
An easy Mexican style soup with corn and beans topped with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups zucchini cut in ¼ inch cubes
- 2 cups beans of choice (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 10 cups water or veggie broth
- 2 tsp taco or fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
Wash and chop the zucchini and onion and any other veggies that you choose to add.
Drain and rinse the beans.
Put all the ingredients in the crockpot.
Set the crockpot to low and let it cook for 8 hours or set it to high and cook for 5 hours.
Add additional salt and spices to taste. (Taco seasoning vary in salt and spiciness, so you may have to adjust depending on the brand you use).
Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- Nutrition facts are for the soup and do not include toppings.
- If you want to make this a meatier soup, add a bag of vegan beefy crumbles like those from Beyond Meat or Beef-less grounds from Trader Joes.
- You can also add a cup of TVP for a higher protein and more filling soup.
- If you need this to be gluten-free, make sure the taco seasoning that you use is gluten-free. Some have wheat.