Roasted Cauliflower Nuggets are gluten free, soy free, and vegan. Low fat, easy to make, and kids love them! They make great toddler food too! My family of 4 will easily polish off 2 heads of cauliflower prepared this way.
I love all roasted vegetables! Even veggies that my kids thought that they hated, they like when I roast them with a little oil and a sprinkle of salt. After playing around with some seasonings, and then adding corn meal for some crunch, I came up with these Roasted Cauliflower Nuggets.
They can be served as a side dish or work as an appetizer. However, many times they don’t even make it off the cookie sheet before my kids descend on them.
Roasted Cauliflower Nuggets
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 TBS canola oil or any other oil of choice
- 1/3 cup corn meal
- 3 TBS nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Step 2 Cut the cauliflower into bit sized pieces and put into a bowl.
- Step 3 Drizzle with oil and stir to coat the pieces.
- Step 4 In a separate container, mix all remaining ingredients.
- Step 5 Sprinkle about ¾ of the mixture over the cauliflower and stir well to coat.
- Step 6 Pour onto a baking sheet and put into the oven.
- Step 7 After about 15 minutes, take it out of the oven and sprinkle the remaining mixture. Mix well to coat the cauliflower. (The cauliflower will now be moist and more of the mixture will stick to it.)
- Step 8 Bake again for about 15 more minutes. Take out of the oven and stir well again.
- Step 9 Bake for another 15 minutes, totaling about 45 minutes of baking. (Baking time will vary depending on how small you cut the cauliflower. They should me cooked through and slightly crispy on the outside).
- Step 10 Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
The kids love dipping them in a little ketchup and always go back for seconds. Try out different dipping sauces! Ranch, barbeque, and a cheesy sauce would all be delicious for dipping these nuggets! Please leave a comment and let me know your favorite!
Pin it for later: