This gluten free vegan bread recipe without yeast is the easiest way to make gluten free vegan bread sticks! They have no dairy, eggs, gluten, or soy – yet they are delicious and can be whipped up in minutes.
I love soup of all kinds and we have it for dinner often, but with hungry growing boys in the house, they always want a starch to help fill them up. These bread sticks are the perfect addition to soup or salad to make it a meal. Dip them in marinara sauce for the perfect snack too.
What tools will I need to make this gluten free vegan bread recipe without yeast?
You can make them in a mixing bowl, but I have found that it is super quick and easy to just put the ingredients into my food processor and pulse for a few seconds and the dough is done. It should be a thick slightly sticky dough when it’s ready. Put a little oil on your fingers and it will be easy to shape without sticking to your hands.
Easy No-Fail Gluten Free Cheesy Bread Sticks
- 1 ½ cup of GF flour (regular flour will also work great)
- 1 TSB flax meal
- 3 TBS water
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
- Herbs (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Step 2 Mix the flax meal in water and set aside for a minute.
- Step 3 Put all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl or food processor.
- Step 4 Pulse a few times.
- Step 5 Put in flax mix, water, and oil
- Step 6 Mix on low until it forms a thick biscuit like dough.
- Step 7 Drizzle some olive oil on a cookie sheet and your hands.
- Step 8 Take a large handful of dough and roll it out on the oiled cookie sheet to make a bread stick shape and coat the dough in oil. (Put a little oil on your hands to keep the dough from sticking. It will be the consistency of biscuit dough- if too sticky, add a tablespoon or 2 more flour).
- Step 9 Use a knife to make lines across the top to make it look like a tiny loaf of bread.
- Step 10 Sprinkle with salt and herbs if desired.
- Step 11 Bake at 400 F for about 25 minutes until slightly golden and crispy on the outside.
Top with a sprinkle of kosher salt, shredded cheese, or some herbs if you like. Fresh rosemary turns them into focaccia bread stick – which is my personal favorite!
What type of gluten free flour should I use?
I’ve made these gluten free vegan bread recipe without yeast with a few different flour mixes and they have come out well every time, however, my favorite mix to use for this recipe is the Namaste brand mix. They seem to have a slightly better consistency when I use this flour mix. If you use any gluten free mixes that contain garbanzo bean flour, make sure that they are cooked completely or they will have a funny aftertaste.
Pin the gluten free vegan bread recipe without yeast recipe for later:
Want some soup to go with your breadsticks?
*Thank you for making purchases though my Amazon links. I receive a small commission on any purchases that you make at NO extra charge to you. This allows me to continue to provide you with more free recipes. I only link to products that I personally use and love. Thanks so much!