These vegan sausage crumbles are perfect for vegan sausage pizza, pasta sauce, vegan lasagna, or in soups! It’s so simple, you can whip it up in less than 5 minutes to throw on your pizza or fry up as a high protein addition to your favorite dish.
Why you will love these vegan sausage crumbles…
- They’re super easy to make!
- They taste great on or in just about any savory dish that you would want a sausage flavor.
- You can adjust the spice level or herbs that you put in to suit your taste.
- It saves you a ton of money to make your own!
How do you make gluten-free and vegan sausage crumbles?
- Make the “broth” – Put boiling water, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, (or soy sauce), some spices, and oil in a heat-safe mixing bowl and give it a stir.
- Re-hydrate the TVP – Add the textured vegetable protein (TVP) to the broth and stir it around.
- Let it sit for about 3-4 minutes to soak up the broth.
- For Pizza :
- Sprinkle on pizza before cooking. No need to precook it. It will cook along with the pizza.
- To add to sauces or soups :
- Cook in a skillet – Add 1 tbsp oil to the bottom of a skillet and fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes until a little crispy and slightly browned.
Note: This Italian style sausage is delicious in my Vegan Zuppa Toscana (Sausage, potato, and kale soup)!
How to make a vegan sausage pizza…
- Use your favorite vegan pizza crust recipe or buy a pre-made one from the store to make it fast and easy.
- For a gluten-free crust option, we love to use my low carb pizza crust made with tofu instead of grain. I also love this easy quinoa crust recipe from Simply Quinoa. (I usually double the quinoa crust recipe to make enough for my family of four).
- Top with about 1/2 cup of vegan pizza sauce. (This will vary depending on the size of your pizza).
- Sprinkle on your favorite vegan cheese.
- Then sprinkle with the vegan sausage topping!
- Bake at 425° F for about 12-15 minutes until the crust is cooked and the cheese is melted. (You can put the oven to broil for the last 2 minutes of the cooking to get the cheese melted completely and the sausage slightly crispy).
Note: This makes an Italian flavored sausage. You can add different spices to achieve the flavor of other sausages if you would rather a different flavor. See my post on how to make vegan sausage for more idea on how to flavor your sausage.
Want vegan sausage links that you can fry and even grill?
See my gluten-free vegan sausage recipe.
Want some more delicious ways to use TVP?
This recipe is sure to be a favorite with the whole family!
A quick easy way to make your own vegan sausage crumbles for pizza.
- 1 large pizza crust use a premade or your favorite recipe
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce of choice
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Boil the water.
In a bowl add Braggs, oil, oregano, fennel seeds, cayenne, salt, and boiling water. Stir well.
Add TVP, stir, and then let it sit for about 2 minutes before stirring it 1 more time.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the pizza crust on a cookie sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread vegan pizza sauce evenly over the dough.
- Top with your favorite vegan cheese.
- Sprinkle with the sausage toppings.
Bake at 425°F (220°C) until the pizza is cooked. Usually about 12-15 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil for the last 2 minutes of baking to melt the cheese and crisp up the sausage.
- This makes an Italian flavored sausage. You can add different spices to achieve the flavor of other sausages if you would rather a different flavor.
- Adjust the spiciness by adding slightly more or less cayenne pepper.