Plan the perfect gluten-free vegan Thanksgiving for your friends and family! Main dishes, soup, sides, and desserts that are perfect for holiday meals and that the whole family will love!
- Overwhelmed with making a gluten-free vegan Thanksgiving meal?
- Vegan, gluten-free, allergies, picky eaters
- Breakfast/ Brunch Ideas
- Gluten-Free Vegan Appetizers
- Gluten-Free Vegan Main Dishes
- Thanksgiving Classic Sides
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes with a Twist
- Gluten-Free Vegan Salads
- Gluten-Free Vegan Soups
- Dessert toppings
Overwhelmed with making a gluten-free vegan Thanksgiving meal?
When I celebrated my first Thanksgiving as a vegan, I was kind of excited. There seemed to be enough options like Tofurkey, stuffing, and rolls to still have a great meal. Then, when our family needed to go gluten-free as well, it got very difficult!
This will be our 18th year having a vegan Thanksgiving and our 9th year doing a gluten-free vegan Thanksgiving. We've tried many things over the years and these are some of our favorites!
Vegan, gluten-free, allergies, picky eaters
How do you please all your guests and use ingredients that accommodate allergies and special diets?
Our extended family has about as many food restrictions, allergies, and food aversions as there are people, so it makes big family meals challenging. You're probably in the same boat, but don't worry, I've got you covered.
I compiled all of my family's favorite gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes along with the best recipes from other specialty bloggers to give you a complete list of options from breakfast to dessert, and everything in between!
Breakfast/ Brunch Ideas
For those of you that do an early Thanksgiving brunch-type meal or simply want a fancier breakfast than you would typically have, I have included some breakfast ideas. Many of these things you can make the day before and have ready to eat in the morning when you are busy with other things.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Muffins - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Smoked Carrots (Vegan Smoked Salmon) - Veetcookbake
- Baked Pumpkin in Oatmeal – Spabettie
- Vegan Egg Muffins - The Hidden Veggies
- Pumpkin Scones with Spiced Glaze – Allergy Awesomeness
- Mini Vegan Quiche Muffins - The Hidden Veggies
- Cranberry Orange Muffins - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole - The Hidden Veggies
- Baked Oats with Apples - The Hidden Veggies
Gluten-Free Vegan Appetizers
Since Thanksgiving is such a big long meal, you probably don't have to go crazy over the appetizers, but having a few special things out to snack on is nice to have.
- Quinoa Stuffed Squash Rings – Rhubarbarians
- Vegan Clam Dip - The Hidden Veggies
- Homemade Vegan Cheese - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Spinach Balls - The Hidden Veggies
- Pumpkin Hummus – Rhian’s Recipes
- Mushroom Pate - The Hidden Veggies
- Spicy Carrot Dip - Flavours Treat
- Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms - The Hidden Veggies
- Homemade Quinoa Crackers - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Sausage Rolls with GF Puff Pastry - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Goat Cheese - The Hidden Veggies
Gluten-Free Vegan Main Dishes
The main dish when you are both vegan and gluten-free is not easy. My family loves my "chicken" a la King or we sometimes do a loaf or a Wellington. (Note: Schar's brand now sells a gluten-free vegan pastry puff that you can use to make wellingtons! I tried it this weekend and it was delicious)!
- Tofu Turkey - The Hidden Veggies
- Harvest Veggie Loaf - Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures
- Vegan "Chicken" A la King - The Hidden Veggies
- Lentil Loaf – The Hidden Veggies
- Lentil Meatloaf Muffins – Veggies Save the Day
- Vegan Tofurkey with Mushroom Gravy – Epicurious
- Vegan Shepard’s Pie – The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese – Vnutrition
- Sweet Potato Seed Loaf Roast - Trinity's Conscious Kitchen
- Lentil and Brazil Nut Roast with Sage and Onion Stuffing – Tin and Thyme
- Tofu Wellington with GF Pastry Puff - The Hidden Veggies
- Squash and Chickpea Curry - The Hidden Veggies
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Chicken Pot Pie - The Hidden Veggies
Thanksgiving Classic Sides
These are the sides that you would think of with any traditional Thanksgiving meal.
- Rosemary Roast Potatoes – Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Vegan Green Bean Casserole - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Potato Bake - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Casserole - The Hidden Veggies
- Mama Easy Dairy-Free Mashed Potato Recipe - Go Dairy Free
- Gluten-Free Stuffing - Gluten-Free Jules
- Cranberry Sauce – The Hidden Veggies
- Gluten-Free Bread Sticks - The Hidden Veggies
- Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot – Delightful Adventures
- Gluten-Free Vegan Cheddar Bay Biscuits - The Hidden Veggies
- Jellied Cranberry Sauce - The Hidden Veggies
- Sweet Potato Casserole - The Banana Diaries
- Twice Baked Potatoes - The Hidden Veggies
Thanksgiving Side Dishes with a Twist
These are things that pair perfectly with your holiday meal, yet may be a little different from the typical sides.
- Stove Top Rainbow Carrots with Caramelized Onions – The Baking Fairy
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes - The Hidden Veggies
- Lentil Mushroom Wild Rice Pilaf - Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures
- Roasted Root Vegetables - The Hidden Veggies
- Cabbage Steaks -The Hidden Veggies
- Maple Cinnamon Cranberry Pear Sauce - Veggie Inspired
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes - Vnutrition
- Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto - The Hidden Veggies
- Paleo Mashed Cauliflower Kale – Tasting Page
- Balsamic Roasted Vegetables - The Hidden Veggies
- Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Diane’s Vegan Kitchen
- Cauliflower Stuffing - The Hidden Veggies
- Roasted Maple Balsamic Veggies - The Hidden Veggies
- Crispy Maple Mustard Stuffed Potato Balls - Spabettie
Gluten-Free Vegan Salads
For those who want a lighter side of your Thanksgiving meal with some fresh and healthy salads.
- Wild Rice Salad with Apples and Pomegranate – Veggies Save the Day
- Harvest Salad – Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures
- Vegan Broccoli Salad with Cranberries - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Kale Salad with Cranberries - The Hidden Veggies
- Molasses, Miso & Maple Candied Vegan Sweet Potatoes – Go Dairy Free
- Broccoli and Shredded Brussel Sprout Salad - Veggie Inspired
- Classic Tasting Vegan Caesar Salad - The Hidden Veggies
- Green Salad with Apples - The Hidden Veggies
Gluten-Free Vegan Soups
Some creamy warming soups are great to have if you have people coming and going on Thanksgiving. You can just keep a pot warm on the stove or in the crockpot for people who stop by or serve it with the main meal.
- Creamy Smokey Butternut Squash Soup – Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures
- Roasted Squash with Smoky Chili - The Vegan Larger
- Red Lentil Pumpkin Soup - The Hidden Veggies
- Pumpkin Curry Soup - Rhian's Recipes
- Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup - The Hidden Veggies
- Pumpkin Bean Soup - The Hidden Veggies
- Acorn Squash Soup - Making Thyme for Health
- Vegetarian 15 Bean Soup - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Pozole - The Hidden Veggies
- Smoky Potato Corn Chowder - The Hidden Veggies
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without desserts! Use my classic-tasting vegan gluten-free pie crust, vegan gluten-free graham cracker crust, or vegan crumble topping along with your favorite pie filling, or try one of the following desserts...
- Lemon Meringue Pie - The Hidden Veggies
- The Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie – Delightful Adventures
- Vegan Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars – A Whisk and Two Wands
- No-Bake Cheese Cake - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake – The Hidden Veggies
- Cast Iron Cranberry Crisp - A Whisk and Two Wands
- Vegan Cranberry Meringue Pie - The Hidden Veggies
- Pumpkin Apple Pie Cake – Go Dairy Free
- The Best Vegan Gluten-Free Apple Pie - The Hidden Veggies
- Pumpkin Pie Peanut Brittle Pudding Cups – A Whisk and Two Wands
- Vegan Pudding - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Jello - The Hidden Veggies
- Vegan Jello Shots - The Hidden Veggies
- Top it all off with some homemade aquafaba whipped cream or vegan whipped cream frosting- The Hidden Veggies!
- Or give your desserts a drizzle of some vegan salted caramel sauce, vegan butterscotch sauce, or easy peanut butter caramel - The Hidden Veggies!
Most of us go vegan by choice, but let's face it, few of us go gluten-free by choice! I felt totally overwhelmed by the idea of gluten-free holiday meals in the beginning, so I wanted to give you a comprehensive list of awesome recipes to choose from to plan your holiday meal from start to finish! I hope you have found it helpful and I wish you and your family a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!
If you are just looking for vegan holiday recipes that don't need to be gluten-free, check out my Vegan Thanksgiving Menu or sign up to get a full vegan Thanksgiving planner below.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Click the stars above or leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!